Thursday, May 08, 2008

Happiness and the List

I have been unhappy for a while now and all of it is of my own making. I have to find a way to make myself happy again. I am making a list of all of the good things about me that I know of to help:

  • I am caring
  • I am pretty
  • I am smart
  • I am witty
  • I am diligent
  • I am loving
  • I am strong (still working on that)
  • I am creative
  • I am reliable
  • I am loyal
  • I am sexy
  • I'm a good mom
  • I am a good mate (hopefully that will show itself again)
  • I am a good cook
  • I'm a good lover
  • I'm a good daughter
  • I stand up for myself and others
  • I'm good with numbers
  • I'm good with words

Now for the bad things which will help me put things into perspective:

  • I have a bad temper
  • I cuss too much
  • I am too quick to judge others
  • I listen to others when I should follow my heart
  • I'm not the best house keeper
  • I'm not the best with car maintenance
  • I'm no good with money (but I'm trying!)
  • I turn my feelings off when I'm hurt
  • I am impulsive
  • I can be hateful
  • I hold grudges
  • I am vengeful
  • I don't listen as carefully as I should

Let's see. . . . that's 19 good things and 13 things that I dislike about myself. Maybe I"m pretty balanced but after looking at this list, I know there are some things that I can sit and sulk about or things that I can try to work on to be a better person. I think I'm taking choice number 2. I'm tired of being unhappy. I am ready to make myself happy again. I hope that Hubby can see this list too and know how freeing it is to know what your faults and strengths are that you can work on.

No comments: