Monday, June 02, 2008

Interesting Weekend

I spent a lot of time with Hubby and the little one this weekend. We had plans to go to the baseball game on Sunday, spent some time together on Saturday and all three of us spent the night together on Friday which was a blessing because it stormed like crazy that night and our little man was scared. Daddy comforted him, put him bed with us, went and laid on the couch for while and then moved him back. He's a great dad.

The baseball game was a different story. I was looking forward to a much needed outing to something that Hubby absolutely loves. We had never been to the new stadium so this was a treat for us not to mention that we were in a party box. Free food and beer. We were set. Before we went, S had stopped by to drop off a jersey for Hubby that she had bought him.

We went to the game and sat in our seats. Just to the left and right below us she was there with a co-worker. The whole thing was very strange and bizarre. Hubby had even asked me if I thought it was weird. Not only was it weird but she had on a matching jersey. The whole thing was very strange and it was hard for me to concentrate on the game, the fact that we were winning and that this was going to be a good time for us.

We went outside for the final time to smoke and Hubby asked if I wanted to leave. . .this was getting uncomfortable to him. I'm not sure why because we've all hung out before but I think this was different somehow. We left and went home to play washers and drink.

I changed clothes, got our little man and came back to the house. He was on the phone with her and something was wrong. Long story short, she had been attacked at the game. Hubby was saying had he only just stayed this wouldn't have happened. I tried to put things into perspective by telling him that people get attacked everyday and move on. She's not in the hospital, didn't get raped and is okay. Just scared. Part of me is leery of a lot of this because there are things that just don't either feel right or make sense; one of the two but somethings not jiving. I think with as serious as it was, Hubby would have had her come over but didn't. I'm not sure why he didn't ask me to leave and have her come over to console her but he didn't. He had said that there seemed something not right about some of this and we talked about it.

This whole thing is very strange. I hope everything will be okay for everyone.

No comments: