Thursday, June 19, 2008

Another Day of Betterness

Even though my son threw up in the bed that we were sleeping in last night at 11pm from coughing, yesterday was another good day. Yeah, like "betterness" is a word but I'll use it for now.

Hubby had to go to work early this morning so he asked if I wanted our son to spend the night. Why would I argue? It's time I get to spend with him and he is such a trip. Some of the things that come out of his mouth are a riot but at being 5 years old, what do you expect?

Last night I made dinner for the boy, ate half a sandwich and popped a beer and folded laundry. Made deals with my boy about eating ice cream and taking a shower and just did the mom thing last night. I was scurrying about the house getting stuff done when I saw my phone and went to put it on the charger when I saw that I had a missed text. Hubby had texted me just minutes previously and asked what I was doing. God did that throw me off. Was he completely drunk? I didn't care and took it and responded modestly with showering the boy and folding clothes. I didn't want to mess this up too much and was just grateful that he was talking to me. We texted back and forth a couple of times throughout the evening and our son called him before we went to bed. I read him a book about Christmas and puppies and he fell asleep immediately afterwards. I fell asleep too right away.

Just knowing that you're worth talking to for a brief minute helped me to sleep too. I didn't feel so worthless. . . .today will be a better day I think as well.

No comments: