Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Squeezing in Time

I have a lot planned this week to get our trip together. I'm so looking forward to going. I need this trip (we need this trip) more than anything right now. We are stressed, beat down, can't relax, can't focus, can't be happy right now. This is just what we need. Even if it rains, I'm walking barefoot down to the lake to enjoy the peacefulness with a bottle of Corona!

I had a list of stuff to talk to Hubby about when I got home. He told me she was coming over to hang out and talk. I asked him how much time I had and he told me. I hurried up and got there quickly. Our son was playing with the neighbor kids and she had called to say she was closer than what Hubby had anticipated. I started breathing really shallow and getting antsy because I didn't want to get angry. I'm working hard on that and I wanted to remain calm so I guess I should have worked on some breathing techniques to help.

She got there and Hubby and I talked about what was going on during the week before our trip. Our little guy got a nose bleed and he went in to check on him. Hubby came out to talk for a little bit more and asked if I wanted to go check on him together. He grabbed my butt, kissed me and told me that this will all work out just wait and see. I will.

I went up to the hill last night and did my nightly routine. My MIL got deathly ill with her bowels and throwing up. My son wasn't helping any with his attitude but we got it under control. I got her cleaned up and situated with FIL's help. I got little one in bed and he called his Daddy to say good night. Afterwards he handed me the phone and he sounded different and I asked if everything was okay. He said he had to go and that he loves me.

Later I went downstairs, poured a shot of crown for my cramps, poured honey on my face for a bit, took a hot shower and laid in bed after brushing teeth and taking pills. I laid on my back and thanked my mom for being there for me and to continue to help us all. I let her know I missed her so much but knew she was there.

My life is short as is everyone else's. I'm trying the best that I can to do with what I have. Even if it's for brief moments this week, I will squeeze in little bits of time here and there with my family until this weekend. Then this weekend, I won't have to squeeze in so much anymore. At least I'll have a few days of peace and so will he.

No comments: