Monday, June 09, 2008

Our Weekend Trip

We had quite the adventure this weekend!

It rained (more like poured) in a few spots on our way down to our vacation spot. We got there and it was like old times.

I won't go into a lot of detail because there is a lot of it. But after the weekend Hubby had told me that we always have something happen when we go down. It's part of us going on our trip. I was upset on part of our trip because considering the circumstances, I wanted everything to go perfect. I wanted us to have a wonderful time and to have everything washed away and start anew. I should not just expect these things are going to happen because I want them to.

Hubby said something to me that meant a lot to me on Sunday. He said he wanted to get back with me so bad and wanted his simple life back. What did I do? I sat and listened. I didn't ask "Why don't you just say the word?" Our life is not simple right now. His life is not simple right now. And what I don't understand is if you want it so badly to change then why not do it?

I received a call today from our daycare provider. Our little boy had to be picked up because he was out of control from a bloody nose and was spitting blood in people's faces. Not only was the owner (whom I had been friend's with) rude with Hubby but very short with me which shocked and threw me off. I talked with Hubby and he asked that I start looking for another place because he was pulling him out. I called a bunch of places and then called Hubby and left a message. We have got to come up with some sort of a solution for all of this. We were gone all weekend and spent some time with him last night and then he went off to daycare this morning. I understand where he is coming from because he misses us and wanted to spend time with us. He is mad, frustrated and confused and acting out. He is not a happy child. So what do we as parents do about it? I don't know. We have some options but what is best for him? If we pull him out, then he has to start somewhere new and could start the same thing over again because of the fact that it's a new environment. We could put him on medication - not happening. His dad and I have already agreed upon that. We could send him to counseling but money is really tight right now and I don't know if we can afford it let alone take off work to do it.

So what do we do? I don't know and hope to sit down with Hubby this evening and see what will be best for all of us. He does the best under a routine. Going back and forth from one home to another and not seeing us all this weekend I think was the final straw for him. The only other thing that I can think of is to contact his pediatrician and see what he says. Either way, something has to change. All of us can't do this much longer. It's like a rubber band that's about to snap and has hit it's limit.

No comments: