Thursday, June 26, 2008

Parting Ways

Last night I stopped by Hubby's house to visit before S came to get the last of her things and they could say their goodbye's to each other. Since the incident that happened over a week ago, I have managed to not see her or talk to her which is a good thing, not that I don't want to but I just didn't know what I would say and I also haven't had the time to create that dialog in my brain with all of the stuff that's been going on. Right now I can only focus on one thing at a time.

So last night our son and I were getting ready to leave, he was dealing me a fit and she pulled up. I talked with my son in the house for a little bit and then managed to get him out of the house. I went to the table on the patio and got a cigarette and looked over. She motioned for me to come to her and I did. She gave me a big hug and said she was sorry which I asked her for what. She had said everything. She and I talked for a long time. We talked about Hubby's and my situation, her situation, raising kids and making decisions. I told her one thing that was very important for me to tell her. First of all, she has lots of drama in her life. I told her last night that this was the only piece of advice that I could give her - "You will get to a certain point in your life where you will be so tired and sick of everything that is happening that you will no longer bitch about what is going on and letting silly shit happen. You will just do whatever is necessary to take care of getting that situation behind you so that you don't have to deal with it anymore. Even if you don't think you can do it, you will just find a way to do it and get it done."

S has a lot of things that she thinks she cannot overcome because she hasn't tried. You can't fail if you don't try. I think that Hubby gave me that advise. Some of the greatest advise has been given to me by that man. Advise is also a gift that should be cherished. Someone who is wiser and been through more is trying to give part of them self to you to help that person out. I don't have to give advise but most of the time it helps me too. It helps me give back to others that have given to me.

No comments: