Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Loss of Sleep - Ugh. . . .

I got no sleep at all last night. That was after taking 2 Tylenol PM's knowing that I would probably not sleep well. I didn't think that I wouldn't be able to sleep at all though. At around 1am this morning I broke out in a drenched sweat and rolled from one side to the other all night.

The only time I sleep well is when Hubby is there.

I haven't slept well since I left. I've woke up at least 3-4 times a night unless I sleep down at the house with him. I feel like Linus who needs his big blue blanket and sucks his thumb.

I've tried drinking before I go to bed, that doesn't work. I've tried prescription tranquilizers and I still wake up even when I up the dosage. The last time that I didn't sleep through the night at all, I ended up at Hubby's house at 3 in the morning and tried to kick his ass, tore up the front patio and scared everyone including myself half to death. It took me 10 minutes afterwards to stop breathing hard that night or morning however you want to look at it. I literally went insane that night and know why. . . .

I can't shut my brain off, period.

I ask for things to do at work throughout the day to distract myself. When I get home, I am constantly cleaning or doing things to release my brain from thinking. Every night when I go to sleep I think and think and think. Last night I told myself to shut up and stop thinking but it didn't work. My brain is a mass of jelly right now.

So what do I think about?

Hmmmmm. . . . current situation which is getting worse and deeper by each passing day. I write in this blog to release what is in me. It's like purging for me right now. Half of this shit I can't dump or unload on anyone not to mention that there is nobody there for me to dump on and I wouldn't be able to do ALL of that to another human being. There's just too much there.

So, last night I came home and tried to explain to Hubby that I'm spent, tired, need help and cried. He told me to be strong. I told him that I was trying. Every day I try and get exhausted by the end of the day which usually ends up being the hardest. I rush home for more beatings to either spend time with our son and with Hubby. I can't have a conversation go by with him without hearing about something having to do with the current situation that S is in or going through or whatever. I don't mean to be cold but I'm not seeing her and I am not friends with her. I am dealing with what is left of our family and myself. I don't have the capacity to deal with what is going on in her personal life outside of Hubby. I went to the store last night to pick up some things and when I came back she was there and Hubby had told me a bit ago that if it bothered me so much not to look so I didn't. I didn't say much and dropped off what I picked up for him and glanced. She had said nothing to me as I had to her when I came up but the look on her face when I glanced at her was very interesting. . . .

Women.

Funny thing about women is that they are caddy, emotional, irrational and for me, very easy to read. It may take me a while to pick it out right away but that is how I am. My statement that I just made was not directed at S because I know ALL women are like this, count me in as well since I fall into that category. I know that I am all of the above. I also know that when you ask me where I'm coming from there are no guessing games. Most people that are around me know how I feel unfortunately, blame it on my mom if you want to. My mom told it like it was with no bullshit mixed in and led a hard life. I have not led the life that my mom had led but it's been no easy path. Point being that when I saw the look on S's face at the short look that I took of her last night was one that I will have imprinted in my brain for a long time. It was not a look of happiness or friendliness. She and I have not talked all that much nor do I know her. The look on her face was cold and one of intimidation. She was standing in front of her car smoking a cigarette with her side to Hubby. Hubby was looking at me as I walked his things to him and he told me to put them in the carport. In between that short conversation that he and I had where he was looking at me was when I glanced and saw. . . .

You can call me cold and untrustworthy and guarded. I'm just having to protect myself right now from getting anymore hurt.

No comments: