Friday, September 29, 2006

Dream #2 (This one is crazy!)

The dream I had last night is one that I've had similar in the past:

I had a dream that we lived down south by a really large lake. It was a holiday, not quite sure which one and we had to wait until it got dark to go see the fireworks on the lake. We went to a different part of the lake where a large bridge ran across the lake. It was old and rickety and I was worried I wouldn't be able to stay on the bridge. I was holding my son when we got halfway across the bridge and noticed many people in the lake. All of a sudden, the bridge started to wobble and we both fell in the lake. I sunk like a rock and I looked up through the water and saw babies swimming through the murky water. I made it to the top and looked around for my son. I noticed that the people in the lake were standing only knee deep in the water and I couldn't figure out why I went down about 15 feet.

When I finally made it to the shore, I asked some people if they saw where my son went. They told me that he and the rest of my family were in a shack somewhere in the woods. It was like a scene from deliverance. I found a run down shack and knocked on the door. There was an elderly black woman roaming around the house and she was blind. I pushed her out of the way and a young black girl emerged and asked if she could help. I told her I was looking for my family. She took me to a cellar door and opened it up and said "They are down there". I peered in the bottom of the room and saw old pillows, dust, dirt and debris all around but no family. I told her to go down there and get them. She told me I should go down there and give them some food. I felt like I was being negotiated. I then asked her when the last time it was that she fed them. "Only a little bit yesterday. . .the slower the better. . . then I can watch them die". I threw her cat down there and closed the door. I thought he would be a good experiment to see if my family was alive or not. It's paws stuck out of the door like it was trying to get out. Instead I took it's paws and broke both of them in 3 different spots. At first they didn't break as I heard no noise but eventually I heard that dreadful cracking noise and knew I had accomplished the job. I knew then that I had to take care of myself. I knew that I had to leave, go somewhere other than this awful place.

I ran from the shack and jumped about 4 fences. I came across an Amish home with just a couple living in it. I ran in and told them to lock all the doors and windows; that little black girl was coming for me and I was ready to rip her apart. Sure enough, a knock came at the door and this time she was white with pig-tails and a brown girl scout uniform on. She came selling insurance. I poked my head out of the door and she slowly made her way into the house while the couple stood at the other end of the house confused yet smiling. I put both hands in her mouth to try to choke her but it didn't work. So I pried her jaw backwards until I heard a cracking sound. Her whole jaw had been destroyed like a hinge that has been pushed too far. I shoved the roll of Kodak film that she had dropped on the floor down her throat and ran as she stood there with her mouth wide open.

I didn't know where I was going and soon woke up with my head full of confusion. Why did I dream such a weird and violent dream?

2 comments:

Issy said...

I don't know what it was but I wasn't really that upset about the dream. In a way a was somewhat relieved if that makes any sense.

Barbarian02003 said...

Good GOD! I was enjoying this until you got to the roll of film. That's just weird.

Nana - great job with the interpretation.

I suggest you go to bed tonight and say to yourself, "I will not have a nightmare tonight. I will not have a nightmare tonight..." until you fall asleep. Works for me.