Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Have Such an Ignorant Family!

Duh! Big newsflash people! I was asked in a previous post whether or not I had unresolved issues with my childhood. The answer is yes. I am a grown woman now with a family, a great career and a man who loves me. Why would my family constantly turn a cold shoulder in my direction? Don't know. I think it has something to do with me being outspoken.

I found out in July that my family was preparing for a trip to Iowa to have a party for my great aunt's 90th birthday. Unbeknownst to me, they planned this without inviting me. When I say "they" I am referring to my mother, father and grandma. My grandma used to not be balled up in the "they" category but now she is. My mother let it slip months ago that they were going to Iowa. I stated that I would like to go. Next thing I know there's excuses and rearranging taking place and Issy has created so much conflict!

I went to my aunt and uncle's house this past weekend whom I love dearly. They asked me if I was coming over in October for my aunt's party and we would leave their house and travel to the bed and breakfast. Now my grandma said that she would stay with my aunt who asked her to stay in the first place so there would be a spot for me. This conversation took place a month and a half ago. I told my grandma that I didn't want to inconvenience anyone and if it was too much of a hassle, I just wouldn't go. By then I felt the "vibe" that nobody wanted me to go. Whatever.

Well yesterday I went home early due to a bad cold that I have and came in this morning to find a voice mail from my grandma stating that she wanted me to call. I called her up and she said she spoke with my aunt and uncle and that they had said I was going. Boy was she surprised! Her response to my aunt and uncle was "Oh, she's going?" I was hurt and heartbroken. I know that my family doesn't want me to go or else they would have made more of an effort include me. I know that my aunt and uncle want me to go; they've reassured me on that one.

I told my aunt this morning that I was going to go just to spite everyone. I was going to purposely piss everyone off just because of the way I was treated. Oh and by the way. . .I didn't go to my brother's wedding because my mom didn't want me to go until AFTER the wedding took place. Revenge and Karma go hand in hand in my book and "they" are going to get a good taste of each one by my hand until I'm satisfied.

2 comments:

Issy said...

Thanks. I've been hoping for years now that things would change but it hasn't. It sucks but I tell people that I really believe that I've been put in the position that I have to make me a stronger person. If anything, I have them to thank for that!

Barbarian02003 said...

Batton down the hatches, boys, there's going to be a war. Yarrrrrrrr! I'd find a way to include the words, "Sense I was invited" into every conversation you have. Then go, "Oh, wait, no I wasn't!"

I do know how you feel. Revenge is a good way to go when you've exhausted all other possibilities. Thank the Goddess that you'll have your Aunt & Uncle with you.