Thursday, September 21, 2006

My biggest downfall. . . grapes


Because my greatest down fall is wine which is made from grapes, this in an ode to the delectible fruit.

Wine has forced me to actually go to classes and learn all about how many factors go into wine. Don't ask me or tell me about what makes a wine dry or sweet. Don't act as if you know the difference between barrel aging and galvanized steel processing. On all of these points, I have been schooled!

Wine has brought my best friend and I closer together and found a new hobby that we BOTH enjoy. We love going to festivals and we love trying new wines. Both of us knows what the other one likes so it's easy to argue with a local vendor as to what said friend does or doesn't like.

Wine has made me some serious friends and the life of the party! Wine is one of those tasty beverages that makes me happy and friendly without a care in the world!

Wine has wonderful medicinal purposes. Have a weak heart? Drink a glass of red each night for better heart health.

Wine has been the bandaid on many a quarrel with the old hubby. He enjoys wine too and will reconcile a battle between the two of us with a nice glass of white.

Last but not least, wine is innexpensive! I can take a hundred dollars with me on a festival and come back with at least 13 bottles of wine. Wine litterally allows me to squeeze Lincoln's head right off the coin!

"Ode to wine. . . where would I be without you? Bored!"

2 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Well said, but not really an "ode." Sorry.

Lincoln will be squealing like a pig this weekend. Suuuuu-e!

Issy said...

Well said Polly! We had a bit of a run in with "tantric acid" this weekend and I am writing my next blog about it. It sucks and is a great excuse for shit tasting crappy but that's all it is. . .an excuse!