Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Last Night's Dream

I don't know if it was the half a bottle of Nyquil that I took last night, but last night's dream seemed more pronounced and more detailed than some that I've had in the past.

I had a dream last night that I was at my mother's house and I was told that I couldn't leave. I had to get out of that house. There was too many decisions being made about me that I had no say so in the matter. I was told to sit there and shut up. . . not a likely occurrence to happen for me. So I decided to fight my mother until she let me leave.

I jumped on her back and pulled her hair. When she started to laugh at me, I took all of my weight and body slammed her to the ground in the foyer of her home. I sat on top of her fat stomach and started clawing at her face. All I wanted to do was keep her from looking at me and laughing at me. I knew I needed to get out of the house because my kids were outside waiting for me. My mother shoved me off of her and produced a semi-automatic gun from behind her back and shot me over and over again in the back. I could feel every bullet entering my body and it ached.

I pretended to be dead and laid on the floor face down. There was a button on my back that when pushed turned red meaning that I was deceased. I laid there on the floor and waited for my mother to get into the car and drive away. She seemed happy and acted as though nothing had happened. When I knew she was gone, I pushed the button again which turned green for go. I got up and went to the window where my mother's chiffon curtains and pushed them back to see if she was truly gone so that I could leave. My children were standing side by side smiling. It was okay for me to vacate.

2 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Does she have unresolved issues having to do with her childhood? WHA -HA-HA! Oh, if you only knew. I got a tear in my eye that's so funny!

I'm going with the Nyquil.

Issy said...

Having unresolved issues with my childhood would be an understatement! My mom was beyond a control freak and because of that I've learned to let go of a lot of things. Some things I can't (like my childhood) but most of my day to day stuff I try to toss to the wind.

Yeah, Nyquil is a doozy of a medicine to take before you go to bed!