Monday, September 18, 2006

Welcome to the land of poop and pee!

Who thinks this shit would work? I have a boy (which I heard are way harder to train than girls and I whole heartedly agree!) and we have been trying to get him trained for the past 6 months! It has been difficult not only on him but on us as well. There are so many pressures associated with potty training. Can't go to school unless he pees in the pot, can't take him out in public if he's training because then he wants to check out EVERY potty that has ever been made, people that know you want to know what your doing wrong because it only took their kid a week to learn how to shit on the crapper! Arrrrgh! It's just not fair! And on top of it, the potty training rewards crap is a load of bunk! If my kid doesn't want to pee in the pot, no amount of reward will suffice. The reward system mentioned in said link above suggests that it would be a good idea to fill the reward system with candy. That's all I need is a hyper kid who is overstimulated with way too much sugar who may or may not hit the comode. Oh he'd be a great tool for the volunteer fire department!

Now my ex husband's grandmother told me a tale of how they taught him to go to the bathroom like a big boy. She took him to the laundrymat and told him to pee in the coffee can by the wall. Granny turned around and started on some clothes. When she turned back around, ex-jack-off was peeing up the wall! Seems as though a bug had found it's way into the can and ex was determined to take him out with a steady stream! After hearing that story, I think I will use a safer method of training. . . .staying at home and having a major amount of "big-boy pants" on hand. So far so good. We have made awesome progress for the past week!

Sorry ya'll, had to vent! Potty training is tiresome!

4 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Ohhhh, the things I'm NOT missing.

Issy said...

Hey, ya want him for a day and experience my hell?

Barbarian02003 said...

That would be a no.

Barbarian02003 said...

That's the nature of children, they don't do what they are supposed to. That's why it's the parents job to make sure they do it, want to or not.