Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Job Well Done?

I am an administrative assistant and office manager of about 34 people. I had a co-worker of mine leave a few weeks ago to work at the new office that we just opened up about 25 miles away. Due to her leaving, I have another co-worker that is taking over her space. My supervisor suggested that he move there. His title is Business development and Market Manager. I would tend to disagree with his title though. I have often threatened to bring in a dress or skirt out of my wardrobe just for him. The man does what I should be doing and he is so far up my boss's ass that if asked, said co-worker could tell you what the supervisor had for lunch the day before.

I was asked to work on a roster of our division for a client that we had open house for a few weeks ago. The client is high profile and has gobbs of money to spend. Yay for us. However, my boss wants me to work on the roster and then send out 15-20 emails to each client thanking them for coming to see us with the roster attached. Then he wanted an org chart to be developed for the project which said brown-nosing co-worker could do as he has a special program that can do it. Funny thing is that I have the same program and know how to use it. When I spent time with my boss, he revised the letter to state org chart and no roster. There goes my work down the toilet! Half an hour wasted. However, he did ask me to send the letters out today with the org chart on them.

Next thing I know, co-worker asks for the roster even though it isn't going with the letter. Slowly a three step project has been taken away from me and given to the Business Development and Market Manager. If he sends the stuff back to me and tells me to do it, I'm just going to forward the letter to him and tell him to do it. That's bullshit! My boss has never had enough faith in me to get a job that HE thinks has substance done. I run the financials, I pay the bills, I deal with clients, I just don't understand why he won't challenge me.

You will not see me writing a lot about my job as it is boring and full of a lot of drama. I am one of 2 women in an office of 34 and it is an uphill battle everyday. I would survive a lot easier if I had a shaft and set of balls to go with it. I've told many of my guys that I have more of a penis than they do and most of them agree.

1 comment:

tui said...

Ha ha! I love your description of the co worker...