Thursday, September 14, 2006

Music Stereotypes

Music is a big part of my life. I have a 34 mile commute one way each day and the only thing keeping me company is my stereo that hubby bought me for my 30th birthday. The thing is smokin! I have a junky Saturn and 95% of the trunk is filled with the sub. Now because hubby is 10 years younger than me (we'll save that topic for another entry at a later date) my musical tastes have changed drastically. I mostly listen to Eminem, Snoop, Outkast, Ying-Yang Twins so on and so forth. Believe me, my appearance doesn't suggest that I listen to such hoodlum choices. To look at me you would think I listen to Brittney Spears or some horrid, gut wrenching crap like that.

When my mate and I met, we both LOVED Metallica. That was one of the reasons why we fell in love with each other. We went to their concerts together. I bought shirts for him with their logo on it. Then he introduced me to Snoop and I fell in love immediately. About 3 years ago, I went to a concert with my best friend and had a time that I will never forget. We both dressed in next to nothing. Drank 5 of everything and got soaking wet from the torrential downpour that came just before Snoop got there. Then there was the wonderful individuals that were throwing beer on us behind us. Should we not have been there? Did we not fit in? What could have warranted such a heinous crime such as THROWING beer instead of drinking it?!?! I was absolutely appalled! But both of us were so wasted and having such a good time that we couldn't let such schmucks ruin our good time. (By the way, I found out the other day that the term "schmuck" is a Yiddish term meaning the tissue that is left over after a circumcision. Just to broaden your vocabulary)

Now hubby and I have a great friend of ours that I will call stumpy as he has short little legs. Stumpy has an eclectic taste of nothing but rap and a short fuse to go along with it. Hubby asked him to make a CD of some of his faves and let me borrow a copy. Some of the songs are absolutely obnoxious! If you want to get the attention of any male while driving, listen to a song about a guy who says "come on girl, try to get your pussy wet". Believe me, they'll wonder what you do for a living! But most people who know me know that I do a lot (or used to at least) of things just for shock value.

Now girlfriend is a little more toned down than I am but I'm in the process of converting her into a nasty little girl such as myself. After all, there IS strength in numbers!

6 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Bad Stumpy! I'm not listening to ghetto crap, sorry. The thump-thump-thump gives me a headache. How do you even know who's singing, they all sound the same! Have you seen any of these rap stars, they all LOOK the same. Expecially if they have their gold teeth in. I'll have to limit myself to two songs a day or I'll get a migraine.

Go to http://proudmomofbb.blogspot.com

Barbarian02003 said...

Oops, forgot the www.

http://www.proudmomofbb.blogspot.com

For some reason the direct link on her site doesn't work.

Issy said...

Oh God! I got caught!

Barbarian02003 said...

I've never drank before in my life! Yeah, and she...she forced me to do it...and I didn't even like the taste! Then I told her I didn't want to wear such skimpy clothes and ...and ...she MADE me. Yeah, that's it.

Barbarian02003 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Issy said...

Oh don't play all inocent with me! She can't either! BOTH of you didn't seem to choke on the "magic juice" that I made for your bachelorette party! If memory serves me correctly, we ALL are VERY familiar with the taste of alcohol!