Friday, November 17, 2006

What a Week!

I signed up for the beta version of blogger and what a mistake! I thought it was supposed to make life easier, not the other way around!

Anyway. . . I got the car! Pictures to follow in the next week. It is wonderful! I told hubby the other night that it tells me how long I have before I have to put gas in it. It basically does just about everything for me! I told him that if I would have originally had a car that spent more time with me and taking care of me and talking to me, I would have taken better care of it.

I also drive better with this car. I have been driving like a grandma but don't care. I know what my car can do. I smoked a mustang the other night just in second. I have a friend that has a vette and he told me before I bought the Charger that he didn't have to prove anything with his car because he knows and everyone else on the road knows what it can do. I understand what he's talking about now because I have the same feeling (not that I'm comparing my car to the almighty Corvette).

It has so many buttons! It can plan a trip for me, it can cruise (took 3 days to find that feature and figure out how to manipulate it). Hubby and I popped a DVD in the player the first night we had it home and it was BETTER than seeing it in the movies! The screen is high def and there is a surround sound system built into the car. The seats are even bigger than at the movie theatre!

The first night that I brought it home, we stopped at a gas station so hubby could get gas in the truck. I pulled up to the pump and looked for 5 minutes for the gas release on the interior of the car. He was 2 pumps away and I hollered at him "Where's the gas thing on this? I can't find it!" Mortified was the look I would use to describe on hubby's face. "This is a pre-pay pump. Let's get closer to home and fill up there". He was so embarrassed that I sounded so female in the middle of a busy gas station! We reached the other gas station and I ran in to get beer. When I came back out, hubby had the manual in his hand while he was in the front seat no doubt looking for directions on how to put gas into the new addition. Finally, he pushes on the door and it pops open! Boy did I feel like an absolute idiot! We filled up and drove home.

All week I have been enjoying the hell out of this car. Tonight I'm going to my best friend's house to go out in style and can't wait for her to see in and take her out in it! Watch out boys, Mama really does have a bigger nut sack than the rest of ya all!

4 comments:

(S)wine said...

congrats on the car.
i don't know what Beta Blogger is, but everyone who has tried it says it sucks.
i'll take your advice.

The Grunt said...

Congrats on the car, Issy. I looked at your profile and saw that you listed "Go Ask Alice" as one of your favorite books. I still have my copy in my nightstand. That is one heartbreaking story. Though, I heard that author took liberties with the "true" stories she wrote about, which in my opinion made them way better. There's one about a boy's "true story" fall into satanism. I can't remember the title, though, but that one is quite a read.

Issy said...

Thanks guys for the congrats!

El, it does suck. If a blogger doesn't have beta, it acts incompatible. I really don't see the perks to using it. I signed up for it before it was WAY too late.

Grunt, welcome! When you find out the name of the book you are describing, let me know. I'd be interested in reading it!

The Grunt said...

Beatrice Sparks' "Jay's Journal" is the book I was talking about. Check this link for more information: Jay's Journal.