Monday, November 06, 2006

Some have it way worse than others

Over the weekend I had to work. It's a quarterly thing so I don't mind it. It's easy dough and I get an extra day on my paycheck. I was tooting my way in on Saturday and had the stereo really loud when I noticed my "service engine soon" flashing. Turned down the tunes only to find that my engine was seizing up so I cut over 5 lanes of traffic and put the hazards on. I called my co-worker whom I was to work for and told him not to expect me and that I was sorry. Later I was yelled at (rightfully speaking) by hubby and felt awful all day like a dog that had piddled on the carpet. Saturday night my best friend's husband called and offered one of their vehicles. I was so appreciative and don't think I showed them how much it meant to me that they would help me out like that. She came down on Sunday and we made almost a day of it. It was great.

Today however, my plight pales in comparison to what happened on Saturday. The accountant that we both work with whom has been with the company for 27 years could not make it on Saturday due to her husband HAVING A HEART ATTACK AT AGE 45 AND PASSING AWAY! I know this woman personally and found out this morning that they were not legally married! Awful!

Next I found out from my co-worker that the sale was done and everyone was in the parking lot getting ready to leave when he heard a series of 6 gun shots going off. It was the convenience store across the street with 2 victims involved. My thoughts to this was "what would have happened had they just decided to cross the street and pick our office?" It was really scary to me.

So after hearing every freak thing that happened this weekend, I know that there are others out there that have it way worse than the rest of us.

4 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Amen!

(S)wine said...

yea, but don't live your life under the weight of fear. events such as the ones you've described, put some people down for good. they develop manias or neuroses and they are done for. shame.

Issy said...

Don't worry, I don't live my life under the weight of fear. I never have. Maybe if I would have been more cautious when I was younger, I may not have gotten hurt as much. I think Barbarian travels down the same road.

Issy said...

My car is cursed Polly. We are on seal #3 for the head and block (sorry, mechanics is something that I somewhat understand) This is what keeps the oil in the engine. When it was rebuilt, the clown didn't get the seal in tight enough and it leaked causing the seal to be faulty. Seal #2 was put on but the bolts weren't tight enough EVEN with lock tight on it to keep the oil from touching the seal. Now on #3, it's not working and the engine seized up. MY job was to check the oil EVERY day. Me being stubborn, my take on it was "if it was fixed right the first time, I souldn't have to check it every stinkin day".