Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Christmas Before Thanksgiving?

I have an issue that I don't think I need help with as hubby is taking care of it on his end. Let me just put it to you this way. . . . the saga continues in the house of fruitcakes.

The little one was taken down south last Wed for Thanksgiving with the crazy ass in-laws. Hubby talks to his parents on like Thursday or Friday. I get a call on Saturday from father in law making sure that the mail gets picked up and asks how the chickens are doing as it is my duty to take care of them while they are away. (I don't mind that part!) Then I hear my little guy whimpering in the background saying "I wanna talk a mommy!" They put him on speaker phone and he starts babbling. . . "Uhn a my Santa, uhn a my toys, uhn a my . . . " In the back ground I can hear my mother in law prompting him to tell me that Santa had come to the RV and set up Christmas there. WHAT THE FUCK??????????????? Oh now what are we supposed to do for Christmas? He's only 3.5 years old! This is the first year that we can have fun with him with Christmas and his parents had to fucking beat us to it!

I go in and quietly ask hubby if he knew about the whole Santa debacle. He said "Oh ya. I heard about it and I'm going to say a few words to them when they get back." Hubby's taking care of it but I'm still hurt. So is he. It's bad enough that we miss our little man terribly but now we have to take a back seat for Christmas! This sucks! This is not the first time that my mother in law has done something underhanded without asking us first in regards to our son. Of course my first instinct is to get revenge as black blood runs deep in my veins and I tend to forget that it's there. But usually things like this remind me that it's a part of me that I can't ignore.

I keep going back to the time when my father in law picked a fight with me and he made the comment "What did we ever do to you?" Christ fucker! Do you have 5 hours?

3 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Grrrrr. Teeth bared, claws out, hair on end. Just let me know when and I'll rip the shit out of them for you.

The Grunt said...

Two words, straight out of Rocky III: Ding ding!

Issy, do you work for the St. Louis Music Company, i.e. Crate Amplification?

Thomas said...

I could use a female slave.