Friday, November 03, 2006

Cocaine and driving just don't mix. . . .

Look at this. This is such a sad story.

I was almost asleep in bed last night with the news on when I heard a familiar name. I cracked an eye to see the portrait of the wife that belonged to that name. I was fully awake and sitting up when the story was over and on to the next tragedy that was local.

This family was my ex-husband's best friend. Her husband was the best man at our wedding. My daughter knew the oldest one that had died so it was overwhelming for me to put things into perspective. I can't imagine losing not only one but both of my kids.

Part of me wants to print out this story and send it to my mother in law and say "See? Some people have it worse than you and they are handling it much better than you are!" She won't get it though. . . that's the sad part.

I spoke with my grandmother about this story and told her how the wife had asked the husband if he forgave the assailant. I told her I didn't know how they could do it. I would never forgive someone for taking my children's lives no matter if it was on purpose or not.

1 comment:

Barbarian02003 said...

That whole forgive and forget thing doesn't apply to me. I may forgive (MAY) but there is no way in hell I will forget. Wait, maybe I have that backwards...I forget somethings but I never forgive. Whatever.