Friday, November 10, 2006

Vino! Here we come!

I think we have it covered that I'm getting a new car and am ecstatic about it. So is hubby. However, jealousy is such an ugly trait to possess. I called my evil mother yesterday and broke down and told her what I was getting. Much to my surprise her response was "If both of your are financially able to make this step then good for you!" I about fell out of my chair! Who is the person speaking to me? Can't be my mother.

I came home last night after securing a deposit to take the car off of the market. Hubby tells me that he's talked to his parents and asks that I not get upset. Fuck! What the hell now? He tells me that he went up to their house and told them that we were "looking". . . somewhat of a lie but who cares? It's not their business! He told them we were looking at a Charger. His mother exclaims "That's way too much car for both of you!" Sis says "You know M, when S was alive he always wondered when you were going to pay mom and dad back. I think you ought to pay them first before you go out and buy her a new car." I fucking went through the roof! Here is a bit of what I told hubby:

"Your mom is if fucking hypocrite! This morning she handed me a newspaper and said 'Look, here's an ad for a 2007 Pontiac. You should be able to afford that!' Now she's telling you that all we can afford is a used car? Fuck that bitch! And as far as Sis is concerned, I don't want that fucking cunt in my house EVER. I have no use for her at all. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

He told me to calm down. How could I when jealously was running rampant in my life right now? Everyone else that BOTH of us know is so happy for BOTH of us. I then told hubby this:

"Do you know why your mom is acting this way? She's jealous. I've known for a long time that your dad will never allow her to have something nicer than what he has. She's admitted it and I can see it. It's not my problem that he won't treat her with dignity and respect and get her a car that works! I didn't marry the fucking weasel, she did".

So after the whole debacle, I called Barbarian this morning and told her I was really looking forward to this evening. We haven't been out wine tasting in a long time and I miss it; a lot. It's the one thing that we can do together to either drown our sorrows or celebrate some great event. I am going to kill two birds with one stone on this one. Drowning for my disfunctional family and celebration for the new car and a lasting relationship with my best friend. Vino my friend, here we come!

3 comments:

Issy said...

Twisted, you are in TX right? Wish you were going with us too! We always have an absolute blast mostly just spending time with each other is enough. EVERY aspect of an in law be it a mother or sister I am finding sucks the biggest and harriest donkey balls ever!

Mom, we will definately drink one for you!

(S)wine said...

don't just taste it though.

Barbarian02003 said...

Screw you, spammer!

We had fun, didn't we? I'm so glad we got to spend some time together and see your new car.