Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Shopping on line . . . . sorry boys!

Okay, best friend sent me a link for 30% off for one day on a company that I have been eyeballing for over a month now. I can't afford the outfit alone and now am able to get it because of the sale. Now my shopping sonar is a bit demented and my reasoning to buy an item is a mind fuck in itself. However let me explain my theory to you:

If I see something that is $130, I won't buy it as it's not on sale. But, if I get a specific amount off of that particular item, I see an allowance of the difference. Meaning, "Oh! Since I saved so much, I now can afford to get that thing in addition to my item of savings!" Eventually, my total will be more than the exampled $130 but I have talked myself into justification.

For example:

I went to the same site today and found that I could save 15%. I picked some items and it totalled roughly $180. With my discount though it dropped to roughly $150-$160. I submitted the order and looked at another email. Wow! Free shipping with my next order! Call up the company and am told I need to wait a few hours for processing before they can apply the free shipping incentive. Wait and look at another email about joining a bonus club. An additional 10% off all purchases year round with 8 options all year to use 20% off entire purchase! Woo-hoo! Call back to the company. . . .now my total with the shipping deleted, with my 15% discount, with my additional discount of 10% is a little over $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also:

Sealed the deal on best friends X-mas purchase yesterday. I can't really tell you the specifics of the discount or the item as she reads my posts but let me just tell you I got a smokin deal! It even bypasses the previous deal that I received!

My advise to one and all in cyberspace, shop online this year for the holidays. Companies are offering discounts out the wazoo and close to 80% are offering free shipping. The consumer is making out like a bandit this year! I should know, I got sucked into it within a 48 hour period of time! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

I internet shop more than physically haul my butt to a store. No crowds, no waiting, and no having to beat the crap out of a stranger to get the last one. The only thing I can't buy out of a catalog is a coat. I have to try those on.

The Grunt said...

I love your shopping logic, Issy.