Thursday, October 19, 2006

Siskel and Ebert strike again!

Okay. Who has seen Saw II? I just enrolled in Netflix and picked my movies. First one was Constantine. That was way more than what I had expected! I was thourouly entertained by that one. Next one was Saw II. I saw the first one and sawing off at the ankle freaked me out.

Not so much as the second one though.

The second one made the first look like child's play. Like there were some "epiphanies" when making the first. There were more people involved and they weren't confined to just one room. They had a whole house to explore! I thought about that, being the horror buff that I am, and have come to the conclusion that I think it would be exciting to find out "what comes next". I know that sounds sick and demented but every scary thing that you have never thought about was present in this movie.

Before I saw this movie, my best friend told me there was a scene in the movie that gave her nightmares. I was eager to find out what that was as I was watching the movie. One scene would pop up and I just knew it was that one. Then 10 minutes would pass and an even worse scenario would follow, leaving me confused as to "how much worse can this get?"

My housekeeping gal here at the office told me that Saw II and I made her laugh. What the hell is this bitch made out of? I found nothing funny in either of those movies. What is she a nut case and has similar situations happen in her world? If that's the case then she has no business taking out my trash and making sure that I have enough squares to spare when I drop the bomb!

Now if any of you have had the great pleasure of seeing Hostel, then THAT'S a funny movie. It had a great plot but way too much comedy for a horror flick. Best friend and I had girl's night and we watched this movie. We spent more time laughing than being scared. Oh now don't get me wrong. There were some funny parts. But for the most part we were sitting on the edge of our seat saying "when are we going to get scared?"

With my birthday being only 3 days before Halloween, I have always favored this time of year. I like being scared. I like the feeling that gruesome, terrible things have been thought up by other people and that I'm not the only one with a sick, demented mind.

For all of you with an expansive imagination, thanks for sharing with the rest of us that appreciate it!

6 comments:

(S)wine said...

i dig your "housekeeping gal."
love those kinds of freaks.

Issy said...

She scares me. She and I are pretty close but one day I thought it would be funny to put post-it notes in the john telling her all the things that needed to be done. I thought twice about it as she could whoop my ass into next week if I piss her off enough!

Reel Fanatic said...

Ive been on Netflix for about two years, and now don't how I ever lived without it ... I liked Hostel quite a bit, but I always like my horror movies with a little humor

Barbarian02003 said...

I think we were so surprised by the humor because of the way Hostel was advertised. It was suposed to be this fright-fest but instead had a good story and a lot of humor. Hostel was far better than they led us to beleive.

I hope Hostel 2 will continue it, but I hold no hope for it. I am not a fan of sequals.

Barbarian02003 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Issy said...

I agree. I was surprised at how Hostel turned out. My next movie is Red Dragon. I am such a Silence of the Lambs fan that I just had to see if it was any good.

I just can't wait!