Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Part Deux

Okay. I told you yesterday that I was going to tell you the second part which was a "firey" topic. Basically I need some feedback from some of you.

Over the weekend (Saturday to be exact) my sister in law came to the house; the one that just lost her husband. We all sat outside drinking. . .a lot. I made a fire in the garden chimney that we have and proceeded to listen to hubbies bullshit:

"Oh you should go tanning sometime. You would look awesome with a tan."
"Oh you should go workout sometime."
"Oh you should get colored contacts because you have such large prominent eyes that they would look great with green contacts."

All of these statements were directed to said sis. Being the drunken bitch that I can become, I chose to keep my mouth shut for fear of finding out what my shoe tasted like. Then they started punching the punching bag. She would hold it while he punched. Mind you I was just sitting there feeling like an idiot but more importantly I felt left out.

Then he whispers to me as she's walking over to the other side of the yard "look at her honey, she is all alone and with nobody".

Next thing I know, they are going up to the roof to party. I stayed behind and he asks me "well are you coming?" Fine. I'll climb my drunk ass onto the roof. I sat up there with them for about 15 minutes when I started to get cold and saw that the fire was starting to die down. I needed to go down but was too tipsy to get down on my own. Hubby reluctantly helped me down by jumping onto the tailgate of his truck and instructed me to follow as he held my hands. As soon as I got to the tailgate, we both started to fall off of the tailgate and fell to the ground. Hubby laid on the ground moaning. I asked him if he hurt himself and he just held is pitiful crotch and said "Oh! I smashed my left nut!" Hahahaha! Karma is a bitch isn't it? He then says to me "Well I'm going back up on the roof". Whatever.

I was curious as to what was going on so I went to the barn to get more firewood. On my way back, I would see what was going on. When I came out, they were sitting next to each other like he and I would. It really bothered me so I just went inside and started getting ready for bed. A few moments later he came in and I pretended to be asleep. He rubbed my hair and whispered "I love you and you will always be mine". I don't think he intended to have me HEAR that. I went to bed at close to midnight. He came to bed at 1:30a.

So my question is, what was he doing? Or do I even want to know? I think that God instills a sense in women when it comes to jealousy. I don't think it's a "false" feeling and it's there for a reason. So, I know what B will say but I just wonder if I'm overreacting. I don't think that I am.

3 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

If you know what I'm going to say I don't need to say it, huh?

Women have intuition for a reason.
However, M has done a lot of growing up and could be trying to boost sis-in-laws confidence by paying her attention. He could feel guilty about leaving her adrift on that house.

Or, he could be a dog. I'd watch the situation closely (with your mouth shut) and see what else happens. It's a bit too soon to be jumping to conclusions.

Issy said...

Thanks. You know me, I worry about all kinds of stuff and with his track record, I have an itchy trigger finger!

Issy said...

Thanks for the advise guys. He told me the other day that when I leave this weekend that he's going to lock all the doors to keep sis out. He's tired of people milling around the house all the time.