Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Corn

What can you do with corn? Let me count the ways:

  1. You can grill it
  2. You can eat it
  3. You can schuck it
  4. You can wipe your butt with it
  5. You can watch the kernels regroup in your shit
  6. You can feed your livestock with it
  7. You can harvest it
  8. You can use it in just about every product that you buy at the store with it
  9. You can throw it out the window at a passerby if your pissed at them when driving
  10. You can feed squirrels with it
  11. You can butter it

I went to Iowa this past weekend for my great aunt's 90th birthday. It's been a long time since I've been there and forgot how flat and desolate Iowa can be; not to mention the enormous amount of corn that they have. I went during harvest time. . . .everywhere we went "oh! It's harvest time! Didn't you know that?" I gathered as much with the huge dust bowls that were being kicked up by massive combines and trucks that were cutting the stalks.

I was never so grateful to get home away from corn!

3 comments:

Issy said...

Yep! Sure was! And we had a blast! My parents drove for 6.5 to 7 hours up there, ate dinner, went to bed and left the next morning. What a waste! But I on the other hand was doing the happy dance!

Barbarian02003 said...

Stop...with...the...corn. You're bringing back Lebanon flashes that I'd just as soon do without. When I was younger I heard a band do a song about corn. i think it went a little somthing like this.

Corn!
You gotta have it
Corn!
Can't live without it
Corn!
Six foot high and counting
Corn!
From your butt it's spouting

Something like that....

(S)wine said...

you can also listen to it (Korn)
har.