Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I am in a quandary

I wrote two posts back that my sister in law was a threat to me and that I didn't trust her intentions. With the support of good friends and advise, that foggy cloud has diminished and I felt a sense of overreaction on my part.

Until this weekend.

I left from work on Friday and didn't return until Monday evening. I spoke with hubby on Sunday night to let him know what time we were leaving the next morning so that he would know when to expect me. His words were this "Don't you EVER leave me alone with THOSE women again!" Who? Well he was referring to my mother in law and sister in law. I told him "I have had to spend plenty of time with your mom and didn't particularly care for it much but I sucked it up and did it anyway!" He then tells me that it wasn't so much his mom as it was sis.

Supposedly mom needed some furniture moved and an airconditioner. Hardly cause for drama but my mother in law always seems to find a way. Sis on the other hand overstepped her bounds. Rough synopsis of the weekend on the farm with Issy gone:

Act I
A comes down and plays video games with M.
Some other friends come to visit with M, one of whom have never seen our chickens.
Sis comes down and stands in the doorway between our kitchen and family room and says nothing.
Our friend that has never seen the chickens gets to tour the coop while A leaves to go to a hockey game.
Sis stays there with M and says nothing.
When said friends whom were looking at the coop comes back, Sis leaves and said friends part ways and leave too.

Act II
Sis comes down the next day and says to M that she is going to the store and would he like her to pick up anything. (Seems innocent so far) He says no thankyou.
Sis comes back from the store and asks is there anything that she can do around the house. (We're testing the line here but so far it still seems okay) M tells her no.
Sis ignores M and starts doing the dishes; all of them and then gets our little boy dressed for bed. (Here is where I start to have a problem)
Sis gets done and asks M if there is anything else she can do around the house so he sarcastically says that she can do the laundry if she wants. She starts going to the laundry room! Hubby then tells her that he's just joking.
Sis proceeds to sit down and tell hubby that before she met her husband that she was a virgin. WHOA!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?????????????? WHO THE HELL CARES?????????????? The she proceeds to tell M that she was her husbands first.
So hubby asks me "Have you ever said something out of instinct and realized it after it was too late that it was the WRONG thing to say?" He tells her "No you weren't!"
BAM!
Bitch got the smackdown!

Now it's not hubby that I'm worried about, it's my sister in law. My hubby doesn't even know what my first time was and he should know that information; not about sis's. I was advised by my oldest sister in law to confront her. Ask what the hell were her intentions by telling hubby that. Needless to say, I am absolutely furious with her. My aunt even said that it doesn't look good for her to come down every day when I'm not there and I agree with her. Not to mention the fact that I feel completely let down. I've been told not only to keep a close eye on her but to basically be rude to her and tell her that her "services" are no longer necessary. I even had a close friend of mine tell me that she wouldn't be surprised if my mother in law put her up to it since she is upset that she will never have anymore grandchildren with the death of her son.

If I find out that is the case, I have only one piece of advise to give to them: "Both of you bitches better pack a fuckin' lunch".

6 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

I think B has lost her mind. She's still dealing with Steve's death, she lives in a house with two immature, self-centered, and crazy people, she has that house to worry about. I wouldn't take her behavior as threatening, but as she wants to have normalcy in her life and this is how she's chosen to go about it.

Maybe she thought M was lonely. God knows she is. The standing around saying nothing is creepy, but maybe she doesn't know how to say what she wants to say, much less in front of strangers.

Taking over your chores was a bit over the top. M not telling her to get lost is his fault. B needs to get the hell out of that house and into therapy. There are groups for women who have lost their husbands, maybe she should find one.

There are people in this world who cannot be alone. They NEED to have a significant other in order to feel complete. Perhaps B is one of these people, and the only eligible man around her is M. And by eligible I mean not married. She needs to address these issues. She needs help, and I think you, M, and anyone without a degree in psychology are underqualified to help her.

Protect what is yours but remember that B is experiencing a lot of pain, confusion, and uncertainty. She may not be thinking clearly and is running on emotion.

Women, we are complex, frustrating creatures.

tui said...

Issy, I'm confused. Is sis your husband's sister? I hate women who try to latch onto another woman's man. It's pathetic. It always amazes me how many women are like that. Ick

Issy said...

Sis is my sister in law and hubby's in law too. M's brother died in August at the age of 27. Now sis in law is alone along with the rest of us missing Steve.

I agree with you B. I know for a fact that we are all way underqualified to help her as all of us are dealing with our own bullshit. The only one getting help right now is the 3 year old and that being said, I think is pathetic.

Women who latch on to other women's men is pitiful but I'm still taking a back seat on this one and watching closely. I think she knows how far to push me and when my breaking point is. In all fairness, her husband, when alive, used to give me compliments and flirt with me to the point where it made me uncomfortable. Because of that I distanced myself for her. I don't know if she knew how her husband was behaving but I wish that she could see how overbearing she has become.

B, you know how I shoot from the hip most of the time with my anger. This one is hard not to cut loose and make an ass out of myself.

(S)wine said...

dude, i'm with tui.
i'm confused.
but it might just be the gin, though.
cheers

Chief Scientist said...

Wow ... snarky to the Nth degree.
If there is a fight, I am on your side.

Issy said...

I know it sounds like a scene from "Arkansas Family Tree. . . Does it Fork?" Sis is not related to anybody in our family except for by marriage. I have another sister in law but she is 5 years older than I. I can't even FATHOM her even thinking about the "boys" like that. She's even told me that she looks to them like brothers.