Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Upcoming Election

I'm mostly writing this because it's my 101st entry and even more so my friend Barbarian will comment.

As most of you know, I am not a registered voter therefore I do not feel as though I need to share my opinion with politics. If I did want to share my views, I would register. However, I have been inundated with politics lately. Hillary is in this city and now she has her daughter campaigning for her. . . not to mention her adulterous husband is "lending a hand" so to speak. Here's an interesting thought to ponder: What if Hillary is elected president and she gets caught in the Oval Office gettin the nibble? Will it be a public crisis for all to judge or will we just call it tit for tat since the ol hubby got to do it?

Then there's Obama. He's in the same varying states as Hillary but he's a horse of a different color so what will happen with that? The Ku Klux Klan has already made a public announcement about if he were to be elected so why would the public even consider someone with a death threat over their head? We'd pick that poor man and he'd be dead within the week. Would the Ku even have time to vote while they are plotting their assassination? Priorities people, priorities. You've got to take the Ku seriously. . . you know they mean business. . . they even tried to adopt a highway and we all know how that panned out.

Then there's poor Mr. Edwards. Where does he fit into everything? He's kind of like Where's Waldo. . . He's the third wheel. . .the little kid that got left out.

Don't get me started on all of the "little guys" like Romney and McClain (If I spelled it wrong don't be offended. . . I'm too lazy to look it up). Mit had some sort of controversy about his religion and where he stood at in society at one point of time and now poof! He looks like he'd be a great president so why not pick him? They did studies on who "looked" like the better president aesthetically speaking. . . .are you flipping kidding me? Are good looks going to get us out of a health care crisis? Are good looks going to stop the war from happening? Are good looks going to stop the recession that is going on in this country?

My basic point is this: I'm glad that I'm not a voter. How would I know what to vote on? If there is this much drama that the public has to weed through just to find out what these candidates are REALLY about, how can they possibly expect the public to make a fair, educated guess? I have a really bad feeling that this is George W. all over again. . . . good luck folks! At least I can say that I didn't contribute.

1 comment:

Barbarian02003 said...

It takes a lot of time and research to truly know which candidate to vote for. I appreciate the fact that you are 1) willing to admit you don't do this, and 2) staying away from the polls. If more people who didn't have a clue stayed out of the voting pool then maybe we'd get a president who would be something. Instead we have thousands of clueless idiots making their way to the booth to vote for their party, or who looks better, or who promised them a new truck and all the tobacco they can chew.