Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Final Fantasy?

Hubby has been playing Final Fantasy XI for years now. It's an interactive, online video game where he gets to be a character, cast spells, talk to others, kill enemies, cook, trade, buy. . . you name it. Every year at the same time, he is unemployed due to his job which is seasonal. For those of you that don't live in Missouri, we have pretty crappy winters. Every winter we struggle with bills, he plays his game, I go in the bedroom and watch tv and do housework.

This year I decided to start taking workout classes at the Y so that I would feel better about myself. I've already taken one session and loved it. This session I'm taking 3 classes which is a total of 5 days of class. My classes are geared around my schedule so that hubby won't have to pick up the boy or stop what he's doing. It works well. . . . at least thus far.

I came home last night after a 5p class and picked up my little one. He will be starting kindergarten next year and needs to know his phone number, address and how to tie his shoes to get in. He mastered the phone this past weekend and we were working on the address in the car on the way home. We get to the house and I tell hubby that he and I were working on his address and that he was getting pretty good at it when hubby tells me without looking at me that he has been working on a maze for 2 hours and is frustrated. What the fuck does that have to do with your kid learning his address?????????????????????

Next case in point - over the weekend I had rented room 1408 to watch with hubby. We didn't get to watch it until 10p because of his game and then got pissed at me when I fell asleep in the middle of it.

Other case in point - sex. Need I say more? Because folks, the only time you'll see sex in our relationship is as a word on this page. I refuse to be woke up at midnight for a bootie call because you were too involved in your game.

My girlfriend had a problem with her husband playing a video game all the time. She finally had to give him times that he was allowed to play. I have thought of times that I wanted to take the hard drive and smash it or accidentally scratch it or screw up some of the drive space and replace it so that it looked like an accident. I'm tired of spending the whole winter season in my bedroom like a kid who is being punished. I'm tired of watching my cushions in my sofa get broken down from his big ass not moving for 15 hours straight (yeah and let's not forget that he tries to get laid after basting in his juices for 15 hours. . . .yeah that's real attractive!)

"Final Fantasy". . . .doesn't that mean that there is an end in sight somewhere in the near future? This game is misleading. Why don't they call it "The Crack Game" or "Out of Touch with Reality"? That would be more realistic. I would even buy "15 Hours of Misery". I know he wouldn't buy that game but if it were the hottest game of the season and he had it on his wish list for Christmas, I would heed the warning in the title alone. This Final Fantasy title is a farce and it's fucking up my home life.

2 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Welcome to my world.

Yeah, "Final" Fantasy 812 is coming out soon, right? Just like "X-Men: The Last Stand" isn't the last movie. Perhaps the people who market these things don't fully grasp what words like "final" and "last" mean. Look it up, people!

jsquared said...

hmmmmmmmmmm. i always liked sex much more then video games, even when i was 13.