Friday, January 25, 2008

Progress not perfection. . .

I have busting my ASS with getting in shape for this coming summer. We have a boat that we go out on a number of times during the year and in the past I would wear my bikini, look in the mirror get depressed and then go grab a number of alcoholic items and begin the process of not caring. After you've had a lot to drink, you don't really care what you look like and I looked like the dairy department. . . . cottage cheese anyone?

I had my weight training class last night and it's tough! I have skipped it a couple of times because I can't walk the next day but I figure if I'm consistent with it, I'll be able to get out of bed sometime and be really fit all at the same time. If anything, all this exercise is making me sleep like a log at night and my alcohol consumption has be drastically cut back.

Last night I came home from my class and decided to try on my old bikini that I used to wear but knew it was a bit too small for me. I put it on last night and was absolutely shocked. There was nothing sticking out over the top of the bottoms in front and I could actually wear the bottoms a around my hips instead of hiking it up and tucking all the extra fat inside. I turned around and my butt actually looked toned. It's a playboy bunny bikini which is purple iridescent and it's a string so there's not too much to it. When I saw it, it looked great on the hanger and looked okay on me. Now it looks awesome! I ran out to the family room to show hubby. . . .

He told me that he has noticed a drastic change in my body and to keep up the good work! I am so proud of the work that I've done. I just never thought I'd be able to accomplish this! Just some stats:

  • I've lost 10 pounds since Thanksgiving - down to 135 pounds
  • I've lost 4 inches around my hips within the past year
  • I've lost 6 inches around my waist within the past year
  • I've lost 2 inches from my neck within the past year
  • I can't wear my size 10 pants as I walk out of them which at one point in time, that was my goal size. . . now it's a size 6 which is what I wore like 10 years ago

I have literally changed my body and feel awesome about it! The biggest benefit is that other people can see it to so I know I'm not kidding myself. . .in the past the mirror has always lied or else told a very ugly truth in my eyes. Now I don't need a mirror! I have other people that notice my progress and encourage me to keep going! Thanks everyone for the great support!

1 comment:

Barbarian02003 said...

Wow! Congratulations on the hard work. I'm glad your happy with your body, I've always thought you were too hard on yourself.