Monday, January 14, 2008

Ungrateful People

Okay. . . . had to share this one. . . .

I went to the mall this weekend with my 16 year old. We went to a mall in an upscale neighborhood that I grew up in and have despised it for years because of the people that mill about and live there. Most of the people that are there are rude, self centered and egotistical. They have been for years which is why I moved south at an early age. I thought that it might get better but it has not. We went shopping there because my parents live in the neighborhood and I came by for a visit.

We shopped for a brief moment at the mall, I was stepped on by a group of prosti-tots and aggravated and then we decided to leave. I had parked a far distance from the mall because of how crowded it was and didn't mind. It was a pretty day on Saturday. At the beginning of the lane that I parked in I noticed an SUV towards the end of the lane waiting for someone to pull out so that they could have their parking spot. I noticed at the front of the lane that there was a parking spot that was available and motioned to the car that there was a spot to park. My daughter told me after I flailed my arm about that this was a spot reserved for expecting women. Oooops! My bad.

We got to the end of the lane where the car was still waiting and the woman in the car rolled her window down and informed me that she could not park there as it is reserved for expectant mothers as if I had done it on purpose. Wouldn't a simple "thank you" have sufficed? Is it so hard to just be polite and recognize that someone was trying to help you, you ungrateful bitch?

I get to my car and pull out just as this woman is getting out of her car. . . .yep. . . she needed to park far away. Seems as though she needed to burn a few thousand calories or better yet, she could have parked in the spot that I pointed out and I don't think that anyone would have questioned her. . . .ungrateful witch. I hope you don't find one sale and have to pay double for what you came for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.