Monday, January 21, 2008

Little Ones Getting Sick

Over the weekend my son got very ill. He had an awful cough and started running a temp. Then he started coughing so much that it made him puke. Yuck.

Taking care of a wee one is hard when they are so small. My son had RSV when he was an infant and that was exhausting. Just trying to do everything in your power to make them feel better and knowing that nothing works is heartbreaking. All weekend long my little boy would come up to me and tell me that he loved me so much and that I was his best friend. He also kept up with his manners to which there was an overabundance of pleases and thankyous.

I was up at 4am this morning dealing with the cough. Then I was up at my normal time of 6am to get myself ready for work. Right behind me was my little sicko looking like a crime scene. He had apparently had a confrontation with his nose. There was blood everywhere. He was doing his best to clean it up too which for whatever reason I found sweet. I guess he was tired of mommy taking care of him all weekend. I cleaned him up and sent him back to bed where he went to sleep.

Later this morning I talked to hubby. He told me that the bloody nose didn't stop at 6am this morning. It had been going on throughout the morning. So on top of having a bad cough, looking like someone kicked him upside his head and having two bright red circles on his cheeks from his temperature, he can't keep his nose from bleeding. I feel so bad for him!

No comments: