Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Reality Show at My House!

I have a major problem. . . . my mother in law is cracking up due to the death of her son. It's to the point where it would make a great reality TV show because I'm in the middle if it and I am hanging on the edge of my seat asking everyday "What's next?" Let me give you a brief, bulletted list of some of the highlights:
  • Tried to put an ad in the newspaper for Sis's and bro-in-laws house that is currently under construction without asking Sis if it was okay.
  • Telling Sis that now that S is dead that she will not have any more grandchildren. Sis's response was "What about Issy's little boy?" (my 3 year old)
  • Told me that S was her baby. I told her to never let M hear that or else it would absolutely kill him. That started a war in itself.
  • Took a bill from Sis and paid it without asking and then asked her boss to float her a loan to cover Sis's outstanding bills without asking Sis.
  • Tried to talk the neighbor into buying the RV and the truck without asking Sis.
  • Took the 3 year old at 10a yesterday without asking anyone and nobody knew where she whent. Found out later that she took him to the mall to ride on one of the rides. She told me he was really sick and had a fever. Why would she drag him through a mall if he was sick?
  • Wants to sell all the property and purchase a farm WAY down south so that we can have 3 acres, Sis can have 3 acres and they can have some acreage. . . just like one big happy commune!

The above is just a tip of the iceburg. I have bent my best friend's ear enough and I'm tired of dealing with all of the drama. The woman clearly needs some serious help and after the second to the last issue mentioned happened, I have decided to curb all visitation with "Granny" until help is sought out.

All of this is very disturbing and scary for me. My main concern is my immediate family; the man, the boy, the daughter and myself. I will not allow my family to be drug through her sickness. They don't deserve nor do they understand it; frankly, I don't understand it myself. My best friend told me that I should probably stay away for a while which after re-evaluating the situation, that would be best.

3 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

I say we need a day to ourselves. Alcohol will most likely be involved.
No men.
No children.
No crazy-ass mother-in-laws.
Deal?

Barbarian02003 said...

Oh, oh, you could call the show "Issy's Rubber Room." Eh, eh?

Issy said...

Sounds like a deal to me! This weekend would be great!