Thursday, August 10, 2006

The State of the Nation

Every morning before I go to work, I make sure I am caught up on my current events. I was getting dressed this morning (only had a towel on at the time) when Chetoff came on and addressed the nation. He's the guy in charge of Homeland Securities in case you didn't know; I just found that out this morning. He started talking about planes and the United Kingdom and I thought to myself "Who cares and what does this have to do with me? Another clear case of too much information". But then he said that the planes were scheduled to come to the U.S. Wait! That has to do with me now. I threw a robe on over my towel and ran outside to my father-in law who was watering the trees with my 3 year old and told him what I heard. Since he doesn't sleep, he said he heard about it at 3a this morning and gave me a little more insight than what I had currently heard. He said that they had arrested 21 people all of whom were of English decent but were Muslims.

The thing that bothers me the most is that I work for a company where travel is essential. I currently have 3 guys traveling this week running shows and have no idea whether they will be able to make it back into the office without all the hassles and headachs. At least one thing I can bank on is that when they do come back, I am going to get an earful of bitching.

I called my friend this morning to let her know what was going on and not only her, but on my end I also had heard and am still hearing people blowing all kinds of stuff out of proportion. One of my guys had to come to my office to get away from one of his co-workers going off on a tangent about shampoo! We talked for about 15 minutes when the coast was clear. It didn't help. The co-worker had worked his way up to saline solution and how everyone in the contact world would now have to travel blindly because the necessary materials are banned. Please! Enough is enough!

It's already been 3 hours since I heard this news and I am already tired of hearing about it!

No comments: