Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Who are the People in your Neighborhood?

The reason why I ask this is that most of us are affected by the people that we are surrounded by. For example, I spend 85% of my time at work. Therefore, my mood reflects the interaction that I have with my fellow co-workers. Now mind you, I am not a people person. I don't like people (especially grown ups) and I particularly LOATHE people with little to no common sense. Unfortunately, I work in an office of 32 people. Of all of these people, there are only 3 of us that are women. That's right folks, I'm surrounded by 98% stupidity and lack of common sense. Why? Is it because of their genetalia? Most of the time I would say yes.

Most of my guys are afraid to approach me because they don't know what mood I'm going to be in. My argument to that is this. . . . If you're doing your job, don't worry about how hormonal I'm being today! More than likely I'll get over it if you're doing your job. But sadly enough, I am inundated with lackadaisical behavior, excuses for this behavior which never holds any true substance.

I had a meeting 2-3 weeks ago in regards to my "attitude". What it boiled down to was that I was not handling certain individuals with kid gloves. I was being too rude and offending them. OK. Now I ask you this. . . .Who is being hormonal now? I asked one of my supervisors for a meeting to clarify what was expected of me and what my exact role in our team was. I still haven't heard anything from him which leads me to this. . . HE is useless and I have no problems telling him that. When he was in town, and leaving to go back home, his co-worker left his cell phone in the taxi. I was asked to FED-ex it overnight to his residence on a Saturday which cost us $33 to send. I still to this day have gotten no thanks for what I did. Supposedly that was my job to cover his ass.

I live on 15 acres for a reason. To stay away from people. I live 1/4 of a mile off the road. Why? So I don't have to hear the drama going on with the drug addict and his girl friend who drove off the road and into the ditch the other night when they weren't getting along. So I don't have to see the Mormon couple leave every Sunday dressed in their best and wonder if they are going to put me on their prayer list because they happened to see me running out to my car to get something in my underwear. So that I don't have to see the "half-assed" neighbor who only paints the front half of his house but leaves the back half kind of done for me to wonder "Hmmm. I wonder if so-and-so is going to actually finish that this year?"

So I ask this. . . . What type of colorful people do you have in your neighborhood that you tolerate?

4 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

For me it's the 12 year-old girls with double D's bouncing around the neighborhood smoking their ciggarettes and playing with the gang wanna-be's that ride around on their BMX bikes trying to look tough in their Nightmare Before Christmas hoodies. That, or the fat ass parents who let their kids run loose all over the place then complain when one of them gets ran over.

I live next to a small park, so there is always a bunch of guys playing basketball at all hours of the day. I don't mind that, not when they take their shirts off. Although, seeing as they're 16 or 17, I feel like a total perv oogling them.

Matto the Hun said...

Nearly everyone at my job is useless, man, woman, unidentified. The office in a perpetuat stae of "Oh My God!"

As in "Oh my God we just came up with with this big sale now we suddenly need all these webpages and emails made to suport it!!! Right Away!!!" Nevermids the fact we are still working on their last two "Oh My God" items. Because they are too damn stupid to plan things out.

Pathetic.

I think you're right on with the 15 acres thing. We bought a one bedroom condo in Atlanta. With out blathering on I'll just say, in general, people are stupid, selfish, irresponcible and inconsiderate.

Next place we go it's gonna be a house.

Barbarian02003 said...

Watch out for cars, Matto!

Issy said...

Matto, I think you need to consider a house. People are selfish and inconsiderate and self-centered. It's too bad that there isn't enough land for everyone to live far enough from their neighbors so that they can appreciate them more when they "bump" into them. Half the time my idea of "bump" would consist of 4 fingers and a thumb right between the eyes!