Thursday, August 17, 2006

Oh for God's Sake!

Why do people go out of their way to be ignorant? After dealing with the death of my brother in law, I am in no mood for anyone's selfish attitudes! Part of my job is that I have to do payroll. We get paid twice a month and I have 50 some odd union guys to pay and 25 local salaried people. The salaried isn't so hard. I had to email one of them today to ask where his sheet was as I knew he was out one day from this pay period. His response was:

"I spent close to 6 hours that day on my computer and the phone dealing with "Company" business. I hardly call that a day off
Let's call it working from home."


What in God's name did I do to deserve THAT comment????????

Then there was the mean little prick in the back. I went to a friend of mine, not the goofy little freak that gave me attitude and I didn't realize it but the two of them were engaged in a conversation. Ooops! I made a mistake and interrupted. Now my best friend hates people that interrupt and I do try not to do it to her, but sometimes it slips out and happens to others. The little troll got up in a huff and sped off leaving me to appologize as he ran away and I asked "I'm sorry. Did I interrupt you?" To which his response was "Yes. As usual". Al right, at this point I've had it. But since the good lord put me on this earth as a bitch, I will go out of this forsaken society as a bitch and am proud to announce it. Around 1/2 hour later one of my delivery guys was talking to another coworker whom just happened to be there when the whole interruption episode took place. I walked past them both to get some items that I needed to do my job. One of them hollered after me and said "What? Can't you say Hi?" My response was this and quite loudly (things tend to have more impact in a large, echoing warehouse when you raise your voice so that everyone can hear you) "I'm sorry C. I noticed you were involved in a nice conversation with my friend and I didn't want to be rude and INTERRUPT you". Next thing I know, here comes dork alert running after me down the aisle. . . "Hey Alissa. . . . ". I brushed him off and told him that I didn't have time to talk to him and was too busy working to deal with him.

The ironic thing is that is that his wife calls 4 times a day and his mom calls no less. I know I don't make enough to put up with that crap!

3 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Where are your Relax Now pills? I think a pill or 6 would be good for you right now.

I interrupt at times and I hate that, but we all do it, so the fact that you and I make a consious effort not to should garner some points.

Issy said...

I'll tell you what, they don't make enough Relax Now for the stupidity that I had to deal with today! I was driving to work this morning and I thought to myself "Hm. I forgot to take those pills. It's OK. I'm going in an hour earlier than usual. What could go wrong?" I shouldn't have even entertained that thought! Stupid going in earlier. . . .grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anonymous said...

If you're going to share things with the world, you need to get your facts straight. My wife never called that much in a day and certainly my mom didn't. I've never been one to make enemies, but in one post you've called me a prick, goofy little freak, little troll, and dork. That's not a friend. Have a pleasant life.