Monday, February 04, 2008

The Perils of Mardi Gras

I went to Mardi Gras here in St. Louis on Saturday. The weather was really nice, kind of slushy but for the most part, it was great! In case some of you didn't know, I had some enhancement surgery done in August. I've been really excited about Mardi Gras this year and couldn't wait to take them for a "test drive".

The response was overwhelming. . . .I had a ton of beads when I left the festivities! I had more big ones than I have ever had before in year's past.

This year I went with a good friend of mine, her husband and a friend of theirs. My hubby had to stay at home to take care of the boy which is a whole other entry in and of itself so I'll save that one for a different day. We got down there at around 10:30am and had started drinking at about 9:30am. My friend made some sort of breakfast burritos for the ride down there and they were awesome! Also, this friend was the one that referred me to my plastic surgeon so I was excited to have here invite me.

We went to the parade, drank with some German guys and headed to my friend's apartment. There is always a crowd there and everyone is so nice. Barbarian was in the parade and we made arrangements to meet at our friend's apartment. We finally met up there after not seeing each other for a month or so and it was great!

As the afternoon went on, I became more and more intoxicated. I started stepping in puddles and getting soaked. People stepped in big slushy piles of grey snow and I just laughed it off. Soon I started noticing that the additional friend that they had invited kept whipping out his "pee-pee" which at Mardi Gras can warrant an arrest as well as a spot on the sex offender's list. It's not worth it. It got to the point where people were asking if he was going to whip it out "again". What the hell? This guy was getting no beads for showing his ding a ling so why keep it up? Especially when people are asking for a warning because they've seen enough already?

We finally ended up heading back to the car for the ride home. I was smart and sat in the back by myself thinking that I wouldn't have to worry about him. When we got to my girlfriend's sitters house, he pulled it out again! By this time, it's getting old and a wee bit creepy. My friend's husband would have blown a gasket had he seen all of this gross display of penis marketing!

We went back to her house where she went up to her bedroom and passed out. I asked her husband to take me home which he did.

The next day, I called her, told her I was stopping by the store for a coffee and asked if I could swing by which she said yes. She and I exchanged stories and she told me some really bizzare shit about this guy which made me wonder why he was asked to come in the first place. She told me that after her hubby took me home that the weird friend snuck up to her room and slipped into bed with her while she was passed out which she woke up from. She asked him what his fucking problem was and kicked him out. She then said that her hubby had just come home as he was walking down the stairs and ended up bypassing him so that he didn't find out.

Aside for the surreal freak of nature who went with us, Mardi Gras was awesome. . . again! I can't wait for Mardi Gras 2009!

1 comment:

Barbarian02003 said...

Mardi Gras 2009 we Roller girls will have a float, so you'll have to join us. You'll get the beads then for damn sure.