Friday, February 08, 2008

Happy Friday! (and thank you Uncle Sam)

This Friday has been dull for me despite the major news that's going on right now. I even had one of my vendors call me from Tempe, AZ and asked "What's up with that guy that killed those 5 people?" Apparently this is now on a national level. Not to sound uncaring but the media has a really bad habit of dragging things out to the point where I feel like I'm missing out on current issues. For example, I had no idea that Romney had dropped out of the race. Yet in the Post, it was this little tiny blurb at the bottom of the front page.

I received a very nice surprise earlier this week. I filed our taxes on Sunday and by Wednesday my whole $18 from state had come in. Woo Hoo Uncle Sam! Who knew that the government could be so prompt and on top of things? This is one time that I commend and praise our government for getting me taken care of so quickly. Every time my FIL complains about how the government is purposely screwing him, I remind him of my 3 day return. Who could argue?

And what about the tax relief they are giving everyone who is a taxpayer? $600 per individual and $1,200 per married couple. Then I heard today that in addition to that they are giving children $300! I'm not sure where that came from or if I just wasn't listening intially at the time when they announced that but I was pleasantly pleased. Just whatever you do, don't tell my 16 year old that. . . she'll think it's time to go shop!

No comments: