Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is it that hard to be nice?

I had a guy that came to the office today to serve a subpeana. Most of the time these guys (or girls) are pretty ignorant. As this is my place of employment, I don't care either way.

The delightful gentleman enters the building and asks my receptionist if he can drop it with our payroll department. Apparently our company needs to provide documentation in a deposition. She looks confused as I walk by and asks me what to do with this fine upstanding individual. I tell him that our payroll department is not located here but in another location that is about a half an hour away. I smiled and felt bad for him but he didn't know that where I work is not our corporate office.

"Well can't you just accept it and forward it on yourself?!?!?!"

My God!

I had completely forgotten how incredibly cold and hateful these people can be. I was so shocked at this man's reaction to me helping him that I was almost speachless and told him that I guessed I could do that. Afterwards I wished I had told him that I was so impressed by his imense capacity of professionalism that it moved me to the ends of the earth. That because of his actions and how he held himself, it made me want to go back to school. . . . .what a total dick.

Why the hell can't people just try to be nice for two bloody seconds???????????

No comments: