Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bitching

I am really going out on a limb on this. . . .

There is a guy that I work with at the office and all he does is bitch about EVERYTHING. It causes me to look at my own shortcomings and ask "do I crab, complain and bitch as much as he does?" Only reason why I have these discussions with myself is because I know how annoying it is to listen to him every day and hope that nobody thinks that I am that bad. . . . should I leave this earth, I want people to know me for the possitive things I did and portrayed in life.

This man has been sent to anger management classes because of his outbursts. He will go on a tangent about nothing to himself and all of my warehouse workers will flee like little cockroaches when the lights go on. One late afternoon, a coworker and I were in our offices in dead silence working diligently on some task. Out of the stark silence comes this loud string of obscenities. . .from him. I got up and went to the warehouse door. He is all by himself mumbling curses under his breath and then getting increasingly louder. . . .what a freak!

It's bad enough to be a grown up and throw a temper tantrum but to throw one all the time is rediculous. I threw an anniversary party for him for his 20th of service with our company. He complained about that. . ."it's nice and all but. . . " We just found out that our refrigerator is being stocked with complimentary sodas and he crabbed about that. Today's comment was the last straw. Our company doesn't have to give us free drinks. We could easily pay for them like we are currently doing. Why does he have to be so ungrateful?

I told a coworker of mine that sending him to an anger management class was not productive. If I was his supervisor, I would ask that he write at least 5-10 things DAILY that were possitive in his life and make sure that "but" was not used anywhere in the submission. . .

4 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

You are not like this man. We all complain, but most of us have good days and bad. Sounds to me like he's having a bad life.

Just kick him in the nuts. When he's lying on the floor say, "Now you have something to complain about!"

Issy said...

hahahahahaha! That's too funny! I've told this guy to shut up before, walked away in the middle of a conversation (just to have him follow me while he is yammering on and then accused him of stalking me which prompted him to stop).

Do you remember me telling you about the guy at happy hour who was talking on the phone and started walking out of the bar and tripped on a suit of armor that they had there who got pissed and kicked a plant? That was the guy. I think he has a social disorder.

Barbarian02003 said...

Yeah, and issues.

My Daughter's Addiction said...

Hi issy- Thanks for the comment on my site. I'm new to this blog world and it helps to talk to people that have been there done that. About your co-worker...the visualization of that guy cracks me up, of course I don't have to work with him. I don't think anger management is actually what he needs...a psychiatrist might be a better choice...Thanks for the laugh.