Monday, February 18, 2008

Passive Agressive

I have ANOTHER coworker here at my office who is a freak. He exhibits mega doses of passive agressive behavior and it is an absolute hoot to watch.

The first time I was subjected to this was a few years ago when he was eating lunch (it is always when he is eating lunch for some reason). I paged him a few times because he was getting quite a few phone calls. I didn't know he was eating. Next thing I know I'm being told not to page him anymore as it seems as though he was getting frustrated with me and ripped the phone off the wall in our break room. Oooooops!

This man's wife calls 7 times a day. . . swear! One time she asked me to pull him out of a meeting he was in just so she could ask him if she could use their credit card because she was out shopping! My hubby would BEAT me if I called that much! I don't even like my hubby well enough to call him that much! I tell people all the time that I come to work to get away from my family. . .

About a year ago, this man asks me to order toner for his printer. I politely asked him to get with his supervisor and find out who orders supplies for his division as he and i don't work for the same group. He became extremely sarcasitc and snide with me. I took a deep breath, found what little professionalism I could find and basically told him that I don't make enough money to tolerate his mouth. Also that just because his wife uses him as a whipping post at home doesn't mean he can come to work and take out his ill feelings on me just because I'm the only female in the office. We didn't talk for almost a year. . . up until right around this point.

Today, I was heating up soup in the microwave for my lunch. One of my guys was in the breakroom watching a movie he had brought from home. Mr. Passive Agressive comes in and tells him he's done watching the movie, that he is tired of all of these hour and a half to two hour lunch breaks and tells him to take his movie out of the DVD player. My coworker tells him that it's almost over and Mr. Passive Agressive walks over to the DVD player, opens it up, takes out the disc and hands it to my guy and tells him "well then you can finish it at home". Apparently he emailed our boss and told him that he was tired of people spending hours in the breakroom watching movies.

I got back to my desk and low and behold there was a nasty email waiting for me, addressed to my whole team. My supervisor yelled at all of us in this email. . . . thanks a lot dick. . . now all of us got in trouble for you acting like a big ass baby!

No comments: