Thursday, December 28, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Okay. I know it's a little late for the well wishing of good cheer. I thought some of you might want to know how my holiday was.

Not too much drama. I made it a point to ignore a lot of it; either way it was there. My mother wasn't too bad. My MIL was her typical self. Hubby was sulking. And I? I ran around the majority of the time mumbling under my breath "I hate the fucking holidays". Most that barely heard me stayed away. Good plan of action on my part.

There were two parts of my holiday that I will never forgot from this year.

Being invited to my best friend's house to celebrate Christmas with her and her family. It was very relaxed (except for my son) and down to earth. I had never seen one person bring so many presents (Nana)! I was given a hand made afghan for a king size bed which is not an easy feat. It turned out absolutely gorgeous! I was absolutely floored that someone would spend that much time making something for me. I also got an expensive piece of equipment from Barbarian and her hubby. That absolutely floored me too! I told her that and her response was "I know you wouldn't have gotten the leather coat for me unless you got an awesome deal on it. That's how we felt about your gift. We got a KILLER deal on it!" That made me feel great! I did get a pretty smokin deal on her coat.
Then there was Christmas morning with little man and hubby. Hubby and I decided that we weren't going to exchange presents this year because of the new car. I did not hold up my end of the bargain and purchased a mixed 6 pack of imported beer, fleece lounge pants and a HUGE box of Cheez-its for his Christmas present. It wasn't much but it was a day of comfort for him. I asked him what was wrong when I noticed him pouting. He told me that he didn't get anything from me and that he wished I wouldn't have bought any of it. I told him "You got me a car you idiot! I don't even KNOW anyone this year that was given a VEHICLE for Christmas!" He smiled and I knew he wasn't feeling so bad anymore.

Well folks, there you have it. Issy's holiday season. The upside and lesson to be learned from this Christmas is that nobody was dismembered, no one lost an eye and most importantly, no one contracted a VD from hitting the egg nog one too many times and then sleeping with a drunken stranger. Gotta love the holidays!

2 comments:

The Grunt said...

New car? What is this thing you speak of, Issy?

That is way cool that you survived. Have a happy New Year!

Scary Monster said...

Hi there, Issy.
Me was happy to see you comment making about you car at me place and now me hearing that it be a gift giving happy making toy, yum!
Me hopes he keeps your precious butt warm and safe during you vehicular adventures.

Me often wonder why it is that we can enjoy ourselves more with the people we choose (friends)rather than the folks who choose us(family)?
Me wish me could relax around me family at holiday time.