Friday, December 15, 2006

His Majesty Arrives

I called my parents home last night. My brother and his wife and their 1.5 year old arrived at the airport last night from Japan. He will be in the states for 3 weeks. Should I get excited? Somewhat but I've already set myself up for the self centered drama to occur long ago.

A brief history if you will:

I was adopted.
My brother was not. He was considered the entity that should have never occurred. Therefore making him the miracle child.

There is an 8 year gap between he and I. Before he was born, I was it! When he came along, I felt pushed aside and not needed anymore. I still feel that way. My mother is to blame for that one.

My brother's needs are catered to at all times. If his bank account gets low, mommy and daddy will put some in. If he needs a car? Mommy and daddy will get one for him. I didn't even go to his wedding because my mom didn't want me there and he was too scared of her to ask me to come. Pussy!

Well now his majesty is in town. How wonderful! What a lucky gal I am! This means that the world has now stopped on its axis. Death and destruction no longer exists. We are all now complete. Why would I be bitter? Because for the next 3 weeks, myself and my family don't exist and are invisible. I will hear excuses as to why my brother doesn't have time to spend with me because he's too busy according to my mother. He has no say so in the matter never mind the fact that he won't grow his own set of balls and stand up to her.

So, this evening I will be going to a wonderful Christmas party with my best friend and then parting ways to venture to my parents house for a fun filled evening of family dysfunctionality.

Bah Humbug Bitches!

4 comments:

Chief Scientist said...

ALL mothers are nuts. I don't know when it occurs but I know it will happen to you also.

If he likes you, and you like him, one of you two needs to sack up and make an effort to get together.

Barbarian02003 said...

Not gonna happen. Brother happens to LIKE being treated as a King. He doesn't care one iota for Issy's feelings or the feelings of her family (her son and boyfriend). If King Egghead pulled his head out of his mother's ass he'd find a whole new world out there.

Buck up, Issy. There is still the 18 hour flight home to look forward to and NO baby is good going both ways.

Anonymous said...

That sucks, Issy. My dad and his half sister were always having problems with different sides of the family treating them like dirt or like royalty, depending on the situation.

(S)wine said...

hey, rock on you.
the vitriol is good for the soul.