Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Idiots

Okay. . . have to vent.

Part of my slavery duties entail my securing workable blackberry devices and phones. We used to go through Sprint. We had a rep that everyone hated including the fact that the freak would deliver the phones in the dead of winter in his shorts. The operative word being "delivered". Please keep that in the back of your mind people.

Now we have a NEW company that we are dealing with called Cingular. We are on rep 5 now. He sucks the biggest balls that I have ever come accross. Months ago, I had to order blackberrys for 6 people; three of which are project managers so they travel a lot. It took a month and a half for them to get here! Next, I have a coworker whom had been asking for a replacement phone for 6 weeks through some broad who was more interested in playing the ever popular flirty game with him instead of getting the ball rolling. I took over and started making things happen. Not only did it take an exhorbinant amount of time but he got it "confused" with someone else's phone (Vice President of our parent company! Who knew?) and the original coworker was blamed for the debacle.

Now we are in the saga again. I have two coworkers that have specific needs. One needs a phone ported from Sprint to Cingular and the other needs his phone ported to a blackberr that already exists. Sound dificult? Apparently so. I have heard so many excuses. Here is a sampling:

"Oh! I got your issue confused with another issue and closed your issue out as I thought we were done"
"Oh! I spent two days trying to find the right account information. I MUST have tried it a hundred different ways!"

Now mind you that the only way I can get a reaction out of this fool is to lie to him. I have to tell him that I'm in upper management and that I have people making 7 figures and that if they don't have connectivity that the company will loose billions and fall to pieces. Then I have to play the nasty card. "Why aren't are needs being met? This was something that should have been dealt with weeks ago. What is going on?" This individual has failed. . . . miserably. And I ask you this, if he fails at this job, where will he go next? Obviously he can't master something as simple as customer service, what employer would want him if he can't pull off a remedial task of just being proactive?

It's like a bunch of dancing jackasses. Who needs them? Nobody but they sure are fun as hell to watch! Oh and if you see in the news an article on a de-balled Cingular rep, don't write me back!

7 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Sales people are a different type of animal. It's the kind of job where you thrive or fail miserably. I'm so sorry you're not reaching anyone who thrives in this environment.

twisted panties said...

Just say, "Who is your boss? Let me speak to them." Then when you talk to that person say, "Who is your boss? Let me speak to them." And if that person fails miserably, then ask for the regional manager. Just keep moving up the food chain. Then threaten to move all of the accounts to another service provider. If necessary cut their balls off and start a display to show the next rep that you are given. You should get a nice collection going.

Issy said...

I wish I could do that but the person who controls the negotiations of contracts is our VP. He's the one that's supposed to do the yelling and this clod and there has already been one "come to Jesus" meeting. Supposedly this clown is supposed to be cleaning up our account as he was a "bad boy" and needs to be punished. In the meantime, nothing has changed and I have to find creative ways to get my job done. Believe me, I enjoy cutting nads off. If I could do it, it would be done by now.

The Grunt said...

Issy, do you want me to shove a firecracker up this rep's nose for ya?

Ooh, is barbarian02003 the one you said that together both of you could come up with some kick ass one liners? I am ready!

Oh yeah, be prepared for sidebar status, Issy.

Barbarian02003 said...

That would be me!

Barbarian02003 said...

Hey, Grunt, were you talking about Leroy Jenkins in your post? Leeeeeee-roy Jenkins!!!

Here's one fer ya: Is that a fish in your pocket or do you just stink?

One of my favorites is "You should shut-up before someone pours a bucket of water on you."

The Grunt said...

Barbarian, I was referring to Leroy Green, the hero from the movie The Last Dragon. He is the one that Sho 'Nuff, "The Shogun of Harlem" is trying to get out of his way.

Those are great one-liners, Barbarian, and yes, that is a fish in my pocket:P