Monday, February 19, 2007

Mardi Gras - WooHoo!

Hello friends! I have been a busy girl! Work has dealt me a full hand which I have been trying to play and finally I cashed out on Saturday. . . It was time for Issy to play.

We had made plans Barbarian and I to go to Mardi Gras on Saturday. My hubby was due to go and her hubby was going to drive us there and pick us up so that operating a motor vehicle was not an option. I woke up Saturday morning ecstatic. Hubby wouldn't wake up so I tried again about an hour later. . . grunt. . . ugh. . . bye. Fine, I'll go without you then.

Now the night before I picked out my beads and left the good ones at home so that I wouldn't get upset if a drunken male fell and ripped some of my beads off. I had them with me along with my medicine in case I just got too drunk to make it back home. I picked up the cell and called my friend.

"I have good news and then I have better news"
"What?"
"Good news is that I'm on my way and the better news is that I'm coming by myself!"

So I get to her house and we get situated and we are off!

We get to our destination and start the 5 block trek. I informed B that I needed a bloody mary as tradition. Oh one minor detail. . . with it being St. Louis. . . the weather sucked. We had received 1-2" of snow from mother nature and it was cold and windy. I had on a thermal undershirt and a thin t-shirt over that with a zip-up hoodie (no bra of course. . . it's Mardi Gras!) So we find a vendor and they loaded us up. . .literally! We made our way to my friend's house and started partying. We had a blast!

I found my new boss who informed me that we were there to have fun and NOT talk about work. He also brought his girlfriend who was fun but struck me as the type to pick "favorites". I wanted her and B to get along and I know B wanted that but I think L was way too drunk to think rational. Oh well! We had jello shots, red headed sluts and lots of beer! I got quite a few good beads but because of the weather, we didn't venture out that much. I earned all of my beads inside. I did however get a great set of beads that I told a story for. That was a first for me! They were ones with little rubber frogs on them. I told the girl that I loved her beads and she told me that she wasn't giving them up. So I told her how hubby and I went to Branson every year and we went to a store called "Peace Frogs" and I bought stickers there and put them on my car. But I blew up the engine in my car and had to get rid of the car and leave all of the stickers behind. She hugged me and said that was a great story and put the beads around my neck.

Then there was this one guy who was quite a bit older than me. He and I were talking and I was two sheets to the wind at that point. I remember at one point in time that he was just about begging me to go out on a date with him. I believe that B was there with me laughing and telling him that he didn't really want to get involved knowing who my hubby was. He still didn't give up. All I know is that he gave me the creeps like go take a shower creep. So we left and headed back to our rendezvous point.

When we got there it was busy and there were a lot of people there. I spotted her hubby's car and grabbed her and started to run across the intersection. When I got to the car, my feet flew out from underneath me and I landed flat on my ass! There was a whole crowd of people there that said "OOooooooooooooooo!" and B picked my ass up and poured me into the back seat of their car.

I had an absolute blast!

4 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Ah....good times. With lots of photos at various times to remind us just how good they were.

All right boys, we'll start the bidding at $10. Do I have $10? Photos, boys, niiiiiiice photos - $10?

The Grunt said...

I bid $20.

I have always wanted to do Mardi Gras.

Barbarian02003 said...

You should come next year. I have a spare room. It will be fun.

I have $20, $20, can I get a $30? $30 anyone?

The Grunt said...

$30!!! That would be cool, Barbarian. Oh, and Issy, you are good to help out with Gruntstock. It will feature new stuff everyday, so keep coming around and bugging me.