Friday, February 09, 2007

Pissy Issy

God I'm aggravated today!

I went to lunch with a co-worker today and tried to pay with my card. Declined. Nice. Didn't I just get paid on Wednesday? Oh that's right. . . I had to pay all of the bills with my money the same as I have had to for the past 3 fucking months.

Now I didn't mind when I was younger and a single mother. I had nobody else to blame if a bill didn't get paid except for me. However, when I have a secondary (or at least I thought I did) coming in, I shouldn't have to worry that much. . . especially when the bills are cut right down the middle.

So Issy called up hubby and explained in a very loud tone of voice that she was displeased with being broke AGAIN. So I called him up and started complaining about the situation and what was he going to do about it. An argument ensued. Words were not exchanged but thrown at a violent manner back and forth through the receiver.

"Why are you calling me at home?!?!?"
"Oh I'm sorry. . . I didn't know you were so busy. . . "
"Look here bitch. . . "
"Call me bitch one more time and I'll show you a fucking bitch when I get home tonight from my J.O.B."
"By the way hubby, keep holdin on to that wild card of 32 miles distance between us because that's the only thing saving your ass right now."
"Don't worry, we'll make it. . . we always do."

Telling me not to worry is not making me feel better. It's just patronizing. Especially coming from a guy who is having his bitch pay his bills for him. I am worried about the bills. I am worried about the dishes not getting done and the house looking like shit like both of us are working when clearly that is not the case. I'm spent. I'm in need of some help from him. Even if it's doing the dishes, vacuuming picking up or something.

I told hubby to get a job when he asked me "What do you want me to do?" Well gee Einstein! That's a loaded question! Try working at the local corner store or even a gas station. Or how about just applying for unemployment! Fuck! I even told him that I'd go out and get a second job! Hell, I'd just install a pole in the front yard and see how much I could make! Talk about working from home!

See the problem is that hubby doesn't think until I have to do it for him. He thinks that if he sits there for long enough that the problem will go away or someone else will take care of it. Know what that's called? Being lazy. I however have not had the luxury of being lazy. Being a single mom at 19 will do that to a girl. I have always had at least one job if not multiple jobs. I have tried to make sure the bills are paid on a regular basis well before hubby came along. I had an ex-hubby that I put all of my financial faith in and he stomped on that like a bug leaving me with 7 years of bad credit and a huge grudge against him for doing so. I also promised myself that I would never get caught dead in that type of situation ever again.

Being that it's "that time of the month" doesn't really help.

3 comments:

Barbarian02003 said...

Grrrrrrrrrrr, snarl, growl. Woof, woof! Grrrrrrrr.

The Grunt said...

Well, I hope you two have had tons of makeup sex on Valentine's Day. Men's egos are so tied into their employment. It is hard to figure out what is going through his mind right now, but he's probably thinking of some kind of pie in the sky "Hail Mary" pass kind of job that will fix all of your troubles. The problem is those jobs just don't materialize out of nothing. This just isn't your husband, Issy. I've seen it happen to so many other's--good men, but just lost. I know this sounds gay, but hang in there Issy.

Barbarian02003 said...

Awww, thanks Grunt. She needs positive encouragement from those with willies.