Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sorry everyone. I was stuck on post 69 and just couldn't bring myself to add one more! (Bad joke.)

Anyway, I wish I could talk openly about the situation with our home and with hubby's family but I really can't due to legal reasons. All I can say is this, I'm staying as far away from his mom as I can. Ever heard of the term "circling the drain"? I don't want to get sucked in and go down like she is. It's actually quite peaceful distancing myself.

Hubby and I are doing great! He hasn't worked consistently for months now and money is really tight but we will make it. I hate the winter because of that. I think in the spring we will go on a little excursion.

My little man is doing great! Although he did something fruit on Monday. Sunday night I made dinner. I put a chicken leg on his plate and a small amount of penne pasta with cheese sauce. He wanted to watch his "shows" instead of eating and we told him that either he eat or go to bed. Either way, TV was not an option. So he decided to go to bed. He woke up the next morning saying that his tummy hurt and I reminded him of the fact that he hadn't eaten. So I took him to daycare and he threw up all over the kitchen. So we trekked back home and I put him in the bed and turned on the TV for him. He ate 2 bowls of Cheez-its, a little debbie snack cake, 2 pieces of toast, a PBJ, 2 go-gurts, chicken tenders, peas and a bunch of water. Yeah, he was sick all right.

Then there's my best friend. She is going through a rough time right now and I really don't know what I can do to ease her frustration. She's basically being ignored in her marriage and I just want to shake her hubby and wake him up. She's a beautiful, strong, intelligent woman. I have been making more of an effort to spend more time with her to get her mind off of struggles that she is having a hard time conquering. All I can do is listen and try to paraphrase. That's all I would need from her if I was going through what she is. I have actually and she has always had a bent ear and waited 4 hours if need be for me to get it off my chest. Actually what we really need is a much needed girls night out! Right now though, I am not financially prepared for that until about another month.

Well, that's what is going on with me. Except for work. . . . NONE of you want to know about that. I'm waiting for something positive to happen before I blog about.

3 comments:

The Grunt said...

I do not have the pleasure of having in-laws, yet. But, I hear they are just freakin' dandy.

Barbarian02003 said...

More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Barbarian02003 said...

On crack. I forgot the on crack part.